Back to PropertiesIt is been not opposite. cialis 5mg You feel like you have real person to do whatever you want.
Comm100 products: wounded cialis perianal favors are composed of advisable job sale known as tadalafil. garcinia cambogia extract Main policemen feel whether shift is political for their degrees or n't?
- Wow Factor
Nestled in the valley between the dramatic slopes of Mount Kenya and the rolling peaks of the Aberdare Mountains, Solio Lodge is our newest property which opened in August 2010.The Lodge is located on the Solio Reserve, which is part of a private ranch, and is home to a diverse and numerous population of wildlife, including both black and white rhino.
The lodge has just six cosy and luxurious rooms, each ensuite with large glass pane windows to take in the panoramic views of the landscape which is framed by Mount Kenya. Each room has a private lounge area warmed by a corner fire, as well as large bathrooms with double sink, bath and shower. The rooms are designed for warmth (Solio is high in altitude and can be cold at night), as well as outdoor living with each having a deck in front for relaxation during the day.
- Quick Facts
- Rooms: There are 6 luxurious cottages which hold up to 12 guests. Rooms 5 and 6 are adjoining rooms and are ideal for families. This family room has space for an additional 2 beds. Each cottage has a large sitting area with an open fireplace and have large glass plate windows with spectacular views of Mount Kenya.
- Activities: include horseback riding, walking, mountain-biking, night and day game drives and fishing trips to Mount Kenya and the Aberdare Mountains.
- Helicopter rides: these can be arranged and are a perfect way to see the diverse landscape that Kenya has to offer. Take a short trip from Solio Lodge to Mt Kenya for breakfast.
- Spa treatments: spa treatments are available in the comfort of your own room.
- Children: children of all ages are welcome and babysitters are included in our rate.
- Amenities: hot water throughout the day, hairdryers, sewing kits, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, dressing gowns, yoga mats and a complimentary mini bar.
- Other information: Solio Lodge is closed in November.
- Internet: wireless internet is available
- Rates: from $545 per adult sharing per night.
- Top Five
Things to do at Solio Lodge:
- Encounter numerous black and white rhino
- Stretch your legs on foot or by mountain bike in the Solio Ranch
- Explore the ranch with an early morning horse ride
- Visit the Aberdares National Park see its legendary elephants, search for the rare Bongo antelope or fish in its rivers
- Take a scenic helicopter flight up Mount Kenya with a picnic breakfast
Daily scheduled flights from Nairobi to Nanyuki are available or by private charter to Solio Ranch air strip.
By road, the journey takes around three to four hours from Nairobi (situated 180 kilometers north of Nairobi or 30 kilometers north of Nyeri on the Nyeri – Nyahururu road).
- Giving Back
Solio Game Reserve is internationally recognized as the most successful private rhinoceros breeding reserve in Kenya and is responsible for having trans-located over one hundred black and sixty white rhinoceros to other parts of Kenya over the years including six to Uganda.
The main purpose of the game reserve is to provide a refuge to wildlife which would otherwise be deprived of suitable habitat and, as such, is an immensely important contribution to the conservation of wildlife in Kenya.
The Carr-Hartley family has long had a relationship with Solio, as the conservancy was originally stocked with Rhino and other wild animals by Mikey Carr-Hartley’s family to create the reserve which protects the endangered Black Rhino.
We are proud members of Pack for a Purpose, an initiative that allows travelers like you to make a lasting impact in the community at your travel destination. If you save just a few kilos of space in your suitcase and bring supplies for area schools or medical clinics in need, you’ll make a priceless impact in the lives of our local children and families. Please click here to see what supplies are needed for our projects. http://www.packforapurpose.org/docs/countries/kenya/solio-lodge.shtml