Back to Properties
- Wow Factor
Sala’s camp has the good fortune to be located on the convergence of two rivers, and in the heart of the Masai Mara. This secluded spot, offers tranquillity, and tremendous views over the Sand River towards Tanzania and the Serengeti. From your tents you will be able to enjoy an abundance of birdlife and wildlife and the indigenous environment. The camp prides itself on its hospitality, and from this wonderful location one can easily explore the vast Masai Mara Reserve.
During the Great Wildebeest Migration in the months of July to September, Sala’s Camp is extremely well located as many of the animals move back from the Serengeti in search of lush grasslands in the Mara. The game viewing during this time is exceptional, with dramatic river crossings, and plentiful predators.
- Quick Facts
- Rooms: The camp accommodates 14 people in 7 luxury tents; the honeymoon tent can be used for families accommodating an extra two children.
- Amenities: All tents have hot showers, flushing toilets and running water. Tents are equipped with shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, mosquito repellent, torches, dressing gowns and a sewing kit.
- Activities: 4x4 game drives in on the world's most prolific game areas. The Masai Mara is home to the 'Big Five' as well as the world famous annual migration of wildebeest which takes place between July and October. Bird watching and star gazing is also a must.
- Atmosphere: The excellent home cooked cuisine, fun evening sundowners and outside candle- lit dinners combine to make your stay a unique and personal experience.
- Children: children of all ages are welcome at Sala's Camp. There is a large trampoline on site for children to play with and our spotters love to show kids the 'Little Five' and teach them how to make a bush toothbrush.
- Hot air balloon rides: available on request.
- Rates: from $410 per adult sharing per night.
- Top Five
Things to do at Sala's Camp:
- Witness the great wildebeest migration – one of the New Wonders of the World
- Spot the ‘big 5’
- Enjoy a bush breakfast watching the sun rise
- Soak up the wilderness with drinks and bitings around the camp fire
- Take a trip in a hot air balloon
Several daily flights are available to the Mara. Connecting flights to Nairobi and Mombasa are also available or we can organise a private charter for you.
Sala’s Camp is accessible by road. The journey is approximately five hours from Nairobi.
- Giving Back
The camp is made entirely from canvas manufactured in Kenya, and employs local Masai from the area as guides and members of staff around camp. Voluntary park and conservation fees are paid by every guest, a percentage of which is fed back into projects in the local community.
A Rhino Monitoring Team was set up near Sala's Camp in September 2010. The team consists of park rangers who are interested in protecting and monitoring the rhino. Guests will be able to join the Rhino Team on their early morning monitoring and gain a unique in site to the conservation efforts which are being made in the Masai Mara to preserve this unique species.