At The Safari Collection we endeavour to provide our guests outstanding services and experiences at our camps and lodges in Kenya. We value your business and your faith in us to deliver a superior level of service and experience.
SHOULD YOU WANT TO OPT OUT
If we have your contact information, we may want to keep you posted about our properties, services and specials, through email communication. Should you prefer not to keep up to date with The Safari Collection’s news please send an email to email@example.com or click on the unsubscribe tab in the footer of our email updates.
Further, a user may withdraw the consent given to The Safari Collection on the website by communicating the same to us in writing and we will update your preferences as soon as reasonably practical.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18 years of age. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not to allow your children to submit personal information without your permission.
We do not knowingly collect information related to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, health, criminal background or political affiliations, unless it is volunteered by you.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THE SAFARI COLLECTION
- PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY THE SAFARI COLLECTION TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
- NON-PERSONAL OR ANONYMOUS INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THE SAFARI COLLECTION
- LINKS TO WEBSITES OF THIRD PARTY MARKETERS
- PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- HOW LONG DOES THE SAFARI COLLECTION RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- POLICY MODIFICATIONS
- CONTACT US
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THE SAFARI COLLECTION
There are a number of situations in which your personal information may be gathered by The Safari Collection to serve you better. At various touch points with our guests, we may collect the following personal information including, but not limited to: your name and contact information; date of birth; how you prefer to be addressed in communication from The Safari Collection, preferred modes of communication, your job designation and business address, spouse name, anniversary, credit card details, your dates of arrival and departure from our hotels/lodges/third parties, your preferences when you stay with The Safari Collection, your transaction history at The Safari Collection, offers you have availed of from third party marketers in response to communication from The Safari Collection. We may also record details on guests who have stayed with you at The Safari Collection’s properties, including their names and contact details.
Besides the above, we may also collect the following:
- Your preferences when you stay or dine at The Safari Collection’s properties. Such information may include details relating to health matters.
- Your arrival and departure dates, number of guests in the group, details of guest rooms and travel budget.
- Your questions, comments or feedback.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY THE SAFARI COLLECTION
Your privacy is of utmost importance to us. We will use your personal information to improve our offerings and your experience on our website or at our camps and lodges, to provide you with the services you request from The Safari Collection, to help you make room reservations, to provide you with information about special offers and news updates, to send you promotional material on The Safari Collection’s services by email, direct mail and phone, to conduct surveys from time to time, per your stated preferences or usage pattern exhibited at The Safari Collection, to provide customer support. We may use any health-related information provided by you only to serve you better and meet your specific needs when you stay at any of The Safari Collection’s properties.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
The Safari Collection may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you.
- You have given us permission to do so.
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights.
- To comply with the law.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell or rent your contact information to other marketers.
- We use the services of third party service providers to provide certain products and services like credit card billing, reservations services, mass mailings, for which it is necessary to provide personal information. These parties are contractually prohibited from using the personal information for any purpose other than those specified by The Safari Collection. We may provide information that is non-personal, to certain service providers for their use on an aggregated basis for the purpose of performing their contractual obligations to us. The Safari Collection expressly prohibits the sale or transfer of any information to any party outside of The Safari Collection by such service providers.
- From time to time The Safari Collection may partner with other companies to provide co-sponsored or co-branded promotions, products and services and may share your information with our co-sponsor. For example, we may co-sponsor some prize draws, competitions or contests on our site with other companies or we may provide prizes for contests sponsored by other companies. If you enter one of these contests, we may share your information with our co-sponsor or the third-party sponsor.
- In the event of a merger, consolidation, sale, liquidation or transfer of assets, The Safari Collection in its sole and absolute discretion may transfer, sell or assign information collected, including without limitation, non-personal information and personal information, to one or more affiliated or unaffiliated third parties.
- The Safari Collection with or without prior notice to you, may have to share your information in order to comply with applicable laws or respond to governmental inquiries or requests from public authorities or to comply with valid legal process, to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of The Safari Collection, its guests, employees or the public or to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain or to respond to an emergency.
- If you use a corporate credit card, your billing information may be shared with your employer.
Kindly note that many countries do not afford the same legal protection to personal information as you might enjoy in your country of origin. While your personal information is in another country, it may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities in that country in accordance with its laws. Subject to such lawful access requests, we promise that anyone processing your personal information outside your country of origin is required to implement measures to protect it and is only entitled to process it in accordance with The Safari Collection’s instructions.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. The Safari Collection aims to take reasonable steps to allow all users to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data, whether they are located in the EEA or not.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data. Please contact us to assist you
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where The Safari Collection relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
NON-PERSONAL OR ANONYMOUS INFORMATION COLLECTED BY THE SAFARI COLLECTION
We also may collect data by using web beacons, clear GIFS, pixel tags or similar means, which will tell us when you visit our site. Non-personal information like the domain name, the areas of the site you visit, your operating system, your browser version, and the URL you visited from, can be identified, which can be used to enhance your online experience by understanding your web usage patterns.
We may use or disclose non-personal information for any purpose from time to time since this does not personally identify you. For instance, we may embed e-mail addresses with images. In such cases where we combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information as per this policy.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Safari Collection takes, and requires any third party to take, reasonable precautins, including administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, misuse, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Access to your personal information is restricted to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse and such access is only granted to our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis. However, unfortunately no security system or system of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure. You can help us by also taking precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. For your own privacy protection, we advise you not to include sensitive personal information in any emails you may send to us.
HOW LONG DOES THE SAFARI COLLECTION RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The Safari Collection will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes.